The dragon heads are all individually hand painted - each one is
unique with its own 'character'. They all feature:
- Deer horns, as deer are ridden by the imortals and represent
longevity and good luck,
- Tigers eyes - the tiger is the king of the beasts, mighty and
- Catfish whiskers, to represent the material wealth. (Catfish
are an essential part of the Spring festival meal).
- A humans beard, as a symbol of intelligence and talent.(The
longer the beard the wiser you are).
- The segmented body (centipede) represents a snake.
With dragon kites, all the lift is created by the tail segments;
the feathers are essentially stabilisers. In strong winds the tail
rises almost vertically. They will tolerate very high wind speeds
- we have flown them in 25 mph winds.
We have a range, starting from a small dragon with a 3.5m tail,
right up to a monster with 80 m tail.